Monday 21 December 2015

Cocktail Hour - Rooftop bars and restaurants in London

Visiting London or looking for somewhere new to go? Recommendations from a passionate cocktail lover: great places for a date, girls night out or martini for one!




I really believe London has one of the best selections of rooftop bars in the world. Having recently visited New York, one thing that struck me is how the rooftop space there is very under utilised. So I decided to write about some of my favourite spots in London for a beautiful views and beverages.

Aqua Kyoto sits atop Regent Street, a few minutes walk from Oxford Circus
Aqua Kyoto
Great for? A smart but relaxed atmosphere

This japanese restaurant and bar offers sushi and cocktails at great prices for central London via bookatable. We ate here as well as drinking fruit cocktails. It's less busy now than some of the other bars I will mention so might be a good idea of somewhere to go last minute.



Sushi and teriyaki platter

Sushi Samba / Duck and Waffle at the Heron Tower
Great for? Impressing your date

The orange tree terrace at Sushi Samba - my happy place
The Heron Tower is made for a perfect night out. With Sushi Samba on the 38th & 39th floors and Duck and Waffle on the 40th floor, it offers unrivalled London views. As you can see from my instagram I just keep coming back to Sushi Samba. Most recently I took my boyfriend for cocktails there for his birthday. It's always extremely busy so expect a wait for your drinks, but there's plenty to see whilst you wait. Sushi Samba has a south american party atmosphere and apparently makes great sushi (which I'm yet to try).

Wearing Coast Dress, Accessorize clutch and Kurt Geiger heels, posing on the stairs up to Duck and Waffle!

City Social at Tower 42
Great for? Meeting new people / mixing with young professionals 

Everything at City Social is inspired by the prohibition era (so expect whisky, gin and cognac). We went on a friday night and it was full of twenties and thirties with a great atmosphere. Although not as high up as the Heron Tower, try to secure a corner table and you'll have a great panoramic view of the city.

Kensington Roof Gardens - Babylon
Great for? Fun with the girls 

I visited Kensington Roof Gardens with my mum for my birthday. We had a delicious 3 course meal at Babylon, complete with a delicious cocktail. The views of south west London are superb, which is of particular interest to me as I went to university in South Ken, so it was nice to see the buildings from up above. The service is excellent and interior decor is modern and airy. Club nights are the Roof Garden are undeniably pricey but really worth it. I would recommend going in a group (of girls) rather than in a two or three (as in general in central London).

Kensington Roof Gardens, still beautiful even on a typical grey London day!
Hope you like these rooftop bars as much as I do!

With love, Tania xo
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© holatania | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Designed by pipdig